Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Few Notes

Hey all:  For those of you who were in class today--very good work!  And thank you for not being defensive.  Your willingness to let us look at your thesis statements and critique is helpful to EVERYONE!  And when you guys are open, it just makes it go so much better.  I also just wanted to soothe you all a little by saying that all the ways in which you feel like you aren't getting this are the ways in which ALL students feel they aren't getting it at this point.  It is normal!  So don't worry too much about it.  I was actually heartened by some of the conversation today--I know that you can do this.

In the meantime, I wanted to clarify a little.

1.  We'll do peer review on Friday.  If you don't want to make new copies of your Common Assignment, that is FINE.  Just bring what you had today.

2.  If you choose not to work on it between now and Friday, work on on the Stelloh essay.  But work on SOMETHING.  None of us have the luxury of not working on SOMETHING right now!

3.  I'm working on comments now.  I'll get them out as fast as I can between tonight and tomorrow.

4.  If you get stuck, don't stay stuck.  Email me and we'll try to get you unstuck.

Soldier on!  We're almost done.

No comments: